[ExI] The Dogs of Immortality

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 10:07:08 UTC 2008

2008/7/15 Kevin Freels <kevinfreels at insightbb.com>:

> Do you honestly believe that my standard of living is based on the taxes I pay? Are you kidding? It's just money. It moves around. People create things of value. This is what creates wealth. Taxation just moves it around differently. There is no net benefit.

But how the movement of money is organised does make a huge
difference, otherwise all countries with similar amounts of natural
resources would be equally wealthy.

> I am sorry you feel that somehow you are entitled to the wealth that others create. A person who saves is a "miser" and it's their responsibility to spend their money to keep the economy moving to create jobs? That's insane. Savings is not a bad thing and this feeling that everyone should spend what they have - and keep spending when they don't even have money is what has this economy messed up as it is. If what you say is true then we should promptly create a bunch of BS jobs with no value to prop up the failing auto industry.

Actually, all else being equal, higher taxation decreases overall
spending and increases total national savings, while lower taxation
has the opposite effect. See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_policy.

--
Stathis Papaioannou