[ExI] QT and SR (was Re: Probability is "subjectivelyobjective".)

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Wed Jul 16 18:52:55 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 10:08 AM, scerir <scerir at libero.it> wrote:

<snip>

> And this is the *algebraic* essence of the EPR
> paradox.

Scerir, thank you very much for your detailed explanation. It turns
out that I assumed incorrectly that you were saying something more
profound than your usual profundity.  ;-)

> As for the epistemic/ontic dilemmas ... I do not know.
> Sometimes I'm inclined to believe that QM is a sort
> of (algebraic) operating system, or an assembler if you
> like. If this is true, no surprise that the quantum
> gravity is difficult to find. You cannot get, sic et
> simpliciter, the fusion of the operating system and
> the hardware (or stuff, or gravitating space-time) ...
> unless you know which is the operating system and
> which is the stuff.

Yes, but we can expect (1) to recognize the distinction, and (2) tend
toward increasingly effective but necessarily subjective models of
"reality."

Thanks again,

- Jef