[ExI] The Dogs of Immortality

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 09:17:10 UTC 2008

2008/7/20 Fred C. Moulton <moulton at moulton.com>:

> When one is looking at aggregate economic data sets one needs to be
> careful.  In particular when looking at growth percentages one needs to
> factor in many factors including demographics changes.  Also countries
> which are starting from a very low base can experience rapid growth
> percentages.  While it possible to use these aggregate economic data
> sets to understand the impact of tax policies, regulations and other
> factors one needs to be cautious.

Yes, but I was rebutting the claim that lower GDP growth in European
countries compared to the US is due to differences in taxation and
Government spending. The notion that all a country has to do to become
wealthy is eliminate taxes strikes me as ridiculous. Wouldn't there be
obvious examples of this desirable result in the history of the world?
Some megalomaniac dictator, perhaps, if people are too stupid to vote
for it themselves?

--
Stathis Papaioannou