[ExI] "Toward a Type 1 civilization" by Michael Shermer

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 23:05:41 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 30 July 2008, Michael LaTorra wrote:
> [ExI] "Toward a Type 1 civilization" by Michael Shermer

While I haven't read the entire article, I have to admit that a
stratification of types of civilizations as has been discussed before,
as well as the recent discussion of extropic concerns regarding fractal
jumping in terms of what to do with all of this 'stuff' around us <
http://heybryan.org/fractal.html for a link I think > could certainly
lead to useful insights especially regarding organization of groups in
society (debian, SKDB (link in sig), etc.), now whether or not the
widespread diffusion of understanding or at least a shrinkage of what's
necessary to understand to get people nodding along with the whole
shebang, is an odd problem that I don't know I want to mess with. It's
a rather messy one.

http://p2pfoundation.net/ is a good place to start as well.

- Bryan