[ExI] Air-powered cars

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Jun 6 01:01:53 UTC 2008

> ... On Behalf Of artillo at comcast.net

> Strangely enough, this is the first I've heard of this:
>
> http://www.ecogeek.org/content/view/1260/
>
> what a shame we in the USA have to wait for such a thing to
> come around.
> Seems like a really simple idea, maybe I'll build one myself
> LOL

Do the calcs first Artillo.  They say a little more than one horsepower,
then make the absurd claim of 70 mph for 120 miles.  I can *guarantee you*
those numbers are wrong.  Perhaps they dropped a decimal point twice: I
would believe a top speed of 7 miles per hour for 12 miles.

Whenever one looks at the alternative means of hauling apes, one always
comes away with a new respect for good old gasoline.