[ExI] "death gives meaning to life"

Antonio Marcos amcmr2003 at yahoo.com.br
Mon Jun 9 04:26:22 UTC 2008

>If true then death must be the ONLY thing that gives life meaning,
> the one and only thing we should concern ourselves with is death,
>everything else is trivial.

The logic is correct for the first part, thats why I gave the example of children in my previous email, which doesnt seem to have reached the list, ill send it again if this arrives first..

but the second part is not quite, because it can be reflective. Life can be the "only" (I would say not the only as in the first part)  thing that gives meaning to DEATH.. so you have to concentrate on BOTH, so as to BOTH to have meaning.. one cant "live" -  pun intended (or "die" =D) - without the other.

>it's just one of those things mortals tell each other to make them feel  better.

exactly, its a trance:

http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/39

[]
Mark.