[ExI] Technology- When it works (A story)

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Mon Jun 9 18:24:11 UTC 2008

MB:
>Sorta disgusting how easily one can get pregnant when young and
>unmarried and unable to support even oneself... only to be sharply
>constrained in the later efforts when one is in a position to have a
>family.

Speaking as someone who became pregnant as a teenager while on birth
control, and who watched my chances whither away 30 years later, I can
support your statement. It's insanely easy to get pregnant as a
teenager; biology has made a concerted effort for the species to
reproduce at that time. Human (or transhuman) women are still a long ways
away from mastering their own human reproductive cycle, especially the
beginning and the ending phases.

Amara

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Research Scientist, Southwest Research Institute (SwRI), Boulder, Colorado