[ExI] Cost of synfuel was Air-powered cars

hkhenson hkhenson at rogers.com
Wed Jun 11 05:29:45 UTC 2008

At 08:37 PM 6/9/2008, Lee wrote:
>Keith wrote
> >
> > Overall, nCO2 + 3n+1H2 --> H(CH2)nH + nH2O
> > That's where oil came from in the first place.
>
>What I read was that no one has ever succeeded in
>producing one drop of oil by any process that nature
>could have used to produce the vast amounts of
>"fossil fuels" we have found.

You are misinformed.

>Do you have some explanation of how nature would
>have gone about using the above equation, or whether
>it's true that so far no one has produced oil in a way
>that is thought to be how nature did it?

You are probably aware of shale oil.  We produce oil from it the same
way nature did other oil deposits, heat it.

If that particular deposit of natural hydrocarbons were to be buried
deep in the earth where it gets hot, say under a deposit of sand
capped with a layer of limestone, then it would turn into an oil
deposit, a really vast oil deposit.  No mystery.

Keith