[ExI] self-improving AI

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 21:01:36 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 10:49 PM, Michael Anissimov <
michaelanissimov at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 11:13 AM, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> So, are you suggesting that we should drop human enhancement efforts
>> altogether, and, as our successor, concentrate exclusively on the
>> development of a self-improving AI?
>>

> I see self-improving AI as potentially the easiest path to make radical
> (and safe) human enhancement available to everyone.  You've been a
> transhumanist for a while -- is this idea new?

I was referring to entirely non-human - whatever one may mean with that -
AIs, as opposed to biological or cyborg-like enhancement or augmentation of
the human species.

Personally, I am not overly concerned with the issue, but I appreciate that
for some of us the distinction may be of some importance.

Stefano Vaj