[ExI] The Total State

David C. Harris dharris234 at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 20 07:09:07 UTC 2008

Amara Graps wrote:

>  Lee Corbin:
> > Well, every country has its problems (for any given one of us).
>  Some data. Any of these can be googled for more information.
>
>  The Patriot Act, NSA domestic wiretapping, US prison ships,
>  Extraordinary Rendition (torture by proxy), armed US Federal Air
>  Marshals on transatlantic flights, the CIA Torture Manual, Capital
>  Punishment, TSA, Echelon, Carnivore, Omnivore, TIA, Secure Flight,
>  CAPPSII, the AAMVA Project, MATRIX, COINTELPRO, OFAC Scholary
>  Publishing Censorship, the I-Visa, RFID-laden electronic passports,
>  ChoicePoint, the Protect America Act (PAA), the 2006 Military
>  Commissions Act (MCA), the Real ID Act, the Child Protection and
>  Obscenity Enforcement Act, the FBI's Regional Data Exchange,
>  DHS/Federal police access to military spy satellites, Bush
>  Administration by-passing the the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance
>  Act (FISA) of 1978,  the Fraudulent Online Identity Sanctions Act,
>  Guantánamo Bay, The Security and Prosperity Partnership of North
>  America (SPP), the 2005 Strategy for Homeland Defense and Civil
>  Support, the militarization of law enforcement,  the 2006 Military
>  Commission Act, the No-Fly List, VoIP wiretapping, CALEA,
>  surveillance against reporters, the DHS Automated Targeting System,
>  and the Defense Authorization Act of 2007.
>
>  The US Federal Government has completely withdrawn from the Human
>  Rights Council, did not agree to the ban cluster bomb weapons with
>  111 other nations, and actively engages in the politicization of
>  science.
>
>  In my opinion, the U.S. is not yet Total State version 1.0, instead
>  it is in version beta, by virtue of one simple observation: a black
>  man who came from nowhere is now a leading contender for the position
>  of the President of the United States.
>
>  On the other hand, the recent reinstatement of Habeas Corpus [1],
>  which should also be a good sign, gives me only mixed thoughts.
>
>  My advice to readers here is to be aware of what the U.S. Government
>  is actively doing to you.
>
>  Other useful sites and documents:
>
>  http://www.politechbot.com/
>  http://www.fourmilab.ch/documents/digital-imprimatur/
>  http://wikileaks.org/
>
>  Amara

That's a horrifying collection of some of the reasons I have been an ACLU
member since I was 17.  Maybe my original inspiration was having an
FBI agent come to our house and ask my father about a
minister/psychologist who had been a friend to me when I was a very
small child. He believed that Jesus message applied to social issues,
which was a suspect idea in the Sen. Joseph McCarthy era.

  - David