[ExI] The Total State

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Sat Jun 21 21:14:42 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 12:35 PM, Damien wrote:

> At 11:35 AM 6/21/2008 -0700, Jef wrote:
>
>>"Collective will of the voters" Yikes!  Tyranny of the majority,
>>regression to the mean, ...
>>
>>Shouldn't we (can't we?) here at least agree to set our sights on
>>systems more extropic than that?
>
> Not the dictatorship of the dictatorship, I trust?

On a scale of increasingly extropic (information-rich) systems of
social agency, a dictatorship would place higher than simple
instance-based domination by force, and a feudal-style "dictatorship
of the dictatorship" higher still, but for you to impute placement of
such above the given heuristic of democratic "collective will of the
voters" appears rather perverse.  I thought I clearly suggested we
should (and could) do better...

Now all sing along:

"A framework for increasingly effective search for increasingly
effective positive-sum solutions promoting, in principle, an
increasing context of increasingly coherent hierarchical fine-grained
values over increasing scope."

Okay, so the music hasn't been written yet.  [But it makes a beautiful
graph of fractal growth.]

- Jef