[ExI] i before e, except after god

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 20:23:23 UTC 2008

Damien wrote:
Yeah, had been going to say that, after an i.e., but just knew in me
old bones that it would cause even more vexing confusion. A pun might
be the shortest distance between two straight-lines, but it helps to
have a laugh track of applauding old Monty Python ladies cued up, and
I'm fresh out of them.

Yes, Damien's pun went right over my head, or around my head, or under my
head, anyway..., it went somewhere! lol  I grew up on Monty Python and so as
a hapless American guy I need prompts such as applauding old ladies so I
know when a well-educated subject of the Queen is displaying their fine
sense of humor.  I don't want to "look beyond the mark" and overcomplicate
things.  And to think just the other day I was listening to Spider
Robinson's classic "Callahan's Crosstime Saloon," where in a fun scene the
characters gathered together at the bar to celebrate "Punday."  : )
John Grigg

P.S.  I can't wait to see Spamalot!