[ExI] Ramanujan

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 22:16:44 UTC 2008

On Saturday 01 March 2008, Lee Corbin wrote:
> All that (below) just seems really like anyone who loves his
> work, or is highly fascinated by something. There is nothing
> characteristically transhumanist (or even philosophical) that
> I can see.

Math, philosophy, logic, reason, numbers, these are all tightly intertwingled subjects, and I believe stepwise lead to transhumanism or at least futurism, context-exploration, and realizing the future by creating it. In this context, Ramanujan was an amazing journeyman in such explorations, able to map out more territory that should have been possible with the limiting circumstances he was born into, and isn't this transcension?

- Bryan