[ExI] Time Magazine: Person of the Year: Putin

PJ Manney pjmanney at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 22:27:04 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 1:14 PM, John Grigg <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com> wrote:
> But the way this all came about is another story, entirely.  My question
> is..., were any real laws broken during this successful effort to boost
> Putin's name?  Or was this just global big business/public relations doing
> things "business as usual" in an ethical gray zone where spotlights are
> rarely brought to bear.

Business as usual.  They will never be made illegal, because the
people who benefit most are those most influencing our laws.

> I had no idea PR firm executives could make such
> large sums of money! lol  And so I guess a Master's degree in public
> relations is on par with a law degree if your career takes the right
> trajectory.

Honestly, if you're talented and high up the food chain, PR can make
law salaries look like chump change.  In our country, the really rich,
successful PR execs morph into lobbyists and campaign strategists.
And I can tell you they didn't make their fortunes lobbying on behalf
of Greenpeace or Planned Parenthood.  ;-)

PJ