[ExI] How could you ever support an AGI?

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 04:06:49 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 2:03 PM, Kaj Sotala <xuenay at gmail.com> wrote:

> The AGI can come up with ways for us to voluntarily upgrade into a
> posthuman species. Then we won't become obsolete.
>
> Kaj, please allow me to assume you have a young mind.   And you can assume
a transition to a posthuman state.  Which may be fine for you -- I don't
know.

The problem is what happens to those of us who choose not to upgrade?

What happens to those 6 billion or more humans (a good 5 billion or more of
completely unaware of the forthcoming transition).  I.e. those who have not
read Nanosystems or Nanomedicine VI or "The consequences of the development"
of an AGI, which has not been written yet?

I want to allow your future while I cherish your past.

Please tell me how to do that.