[ExI] italian politics as exi-chat subject

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Thu Mar 6 04:47:06 UTC 2008

Spike Jones, our list moderator, who can kill any thread and banish any poster,
has courteously asked of us

> I am getting offlist complaints about the Italian infighting and I know
> not what to do.

I think that you should insist on "no personal attacks", but let the rest
go.  You said it perfectly before:

    I propose that our ExI-chat participants from Italy redouble efforts to be
    kind to each other.  In that spirit, I urge that all avoid using any person's
    name as a subject line, and of course always refrain from personal
    attacks.  Political ideas are OK as subjects of debate as they relate to
    Extropy as given in the principles which I urge ExI-chat participants to
    peruse on occasion:

    http://www.maxmore.com/extprn3.htm

As for me, I find some of it quite interesting, and I'm learning.  The parts I don't
find interesting----well, I do something quite novel that people should try out.
What I do is

     IGNORE    THE    POSTS    I    AM    UNINTERESTED  IN.

So, so long as it's reasonably on topic (transhumanism and its political
environment), I say fine.  And at least so long as the volume isn't too excessive.

Lee

P.S.

> Any offlist advice is welcome from anyone who knows from Italy.

Hey, you're having fun and all, but a few of the non-native English
speakers here may think that this is standard English!  For them,
"anyone who knows from Italy" means "anyone who knows about
Italy", and is very much slang, and to be used only if you're really
familiar with the language and know when to do it.