[ExI] Heroism without self-sacrifice

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 06:15:47 UTC 2008

On Thursday 06 March 2008, Lee Corbin wrote:
> It sounds as though you've received the full blast of the
> anti-sacrifice meme from your father and Ayn Rand.

Lee, it is interesting that you mention Ayn Rand. I was thinking this
too when I read over Max's post, and poor Jimmy Wales and all of those
people pledging to Objectivism. Yikes. Anyway, I think there is
definitely something to make sure we exclude from a redefinition of
hero from the context of Objectivism, though I cannot immediately place
my finger on it, and I seem to remember an extropian somewhere on this
list that might be able/willing to regurgitate this nugget-argument.

- Bryan