[ExI] Heroism without self-sacrifice

ablainey at aol.com ablainey at aol.com
Sat Mar 8 01:10:16 UTC 2008

 From: ABlainey at aol.com

To me there are many factors in heroism which sway the equation. Personal risk, duty, gain, relation to the person/thing being saved, Kudos, probability of success, level of self worth, etc. Other factors sway it as well such as are there any other people who could step up to the plate and do the deed, or would the deed save more lives' than would be risked.

 I to add. The understanding the hero has of the situation also changes the value of the deed.

Alex