[ExI] Earth repositories (on the Moon)

ben benboc at lineone.net
Wed Mar 12 19:26:41 UTC 2008

Um, is it just me, then, that sees something fundamentally daft about
this idea of storing information about how to bootstrap a civilisation
in a form that can only be accessed by a civilisation that already has a
pretty advanced technology base?

I'd think people would develop agriculture before radio, no?

And if the idea is that the radios would be there for them, why not just
inscribe the info. on lots of stone tablets, or monoliths etc.? Probably
easier, more durable, and more likely to work, i'd have thought.

Anyway, how are they supposed to know what radios are, or how to use
them? Instructions written on stone tablets? ...

ben zaiboc