[ExI] the vatican's seven social sins

Tom Nowell nebathenemi at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 12 23:26:39 UTC 2008

>      The seven social sins are:
>
>      1. "Bioethical" violations such as birth
control

>      2. "Morally dubious" experiments such as stem
cell research

>      3. Drug abuse
>
>      4. Polluting the environment
>
>      5. Contributing to widening divide between rich
and poor

>      6. Excessive wealth
>
>      7. Creating poverty

I'm now getting the urge to break all these. So, if I
create a company capable of human germline engineering
(breaking 1 and 2), instead of sharing it with all
humanity equally take advice from some of my American
extropian colleagues on intellectual property and use
it to help the rich design their babies, I can break 6
as I get rich, and break 5 by making there exist a
genetic divide between rich and poor. With my wealth,
I'd then create a safe ecstasy-type drug that makes
people feel empathic and "loved-up" towards their
fellow man (breaking 3), and to put the afghan
druglords out of business release a
genetically-engineered disease that wipes out their
opium poppies (polluting the environment (4) and
making poor afghan farmers destitute (7) ) and
producing opium in legal plantations from my own
protected opium poppies (more rule 6 wealth).
 Time to apply for that PhD in biotechnology I feel.

Tom