[ExI] Conflicting thoughts {compatibilism?}

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Fri Mar 14 00:18:51 UTC 2008

Lee: "The "compatibilist position" which I endorse says that free will
and determinism are not really in conflict. To me, it ought rightly
said that if one makes choices then one has free will. Obversely,
one of us will be said to not have free will if he is being
compelled, and is "not free" to make his choices."
____________

In science, there is no attachment to thoughts, views or theories
without evidence or proof that works. Theories of evolution and quantum
mechanics are tested by independent studies to see if it produce the
same result. Conflicting thoughts of free will and determinism are
incompatible because the former has no proof of existence whereas the
latter is proven by the laws of nature and   the evidence of evolution
{genes}. Thoughts are processes with no permanent nature.

  Choices depend on feelings or thoughts of a self-centered ego,
psychologically speaking, a desire to escape suffering. It is neither
compulsion nor free will.

Terry