[ExI] Armchair Evolutionary Psychology: Larks vs Night Owls

PJ Manney pjmanney at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 16:14:30 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 9:47 PM, Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com> wrote:
> I need to remind everyone (whether they need it or not)(as I say
> "I need") that developing a genetic explanation always requires
> a selective advantage, and since we seem to have here an
> equilibrium, it's that which needs to be explained too.  E.g.,
> what if there are too many early risers, how does that increase
> the number of viable offspring of the late risers and vice-versa.

What about simply, the early birds take the early shift and the night
owls take the late shift?  Between the two, you cover a larger set of
hours, get more accomplished and have someone on deck either
protecting the tribe or getting stuff done.  That's how it is in our
house.  (I'm the night owl, BTW, although that's only in comparison to
my spouse.)

PJ