[ExI] safer now;

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Sun Mar 16 16:23:06 UTC 2008

From: "Gary Miller" <aiguy at comcast.net>
To: "'ExI chat list'" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2008 6:52 AM

...>  And I am extremely uncomfortable with a candidate whose church spews
such vile Anti-American hatred as Obama's does and then he expects us to
believe that he did not know such sermons were being given.  This man was
his personal friend if these are the things he is telling his congregation
in public what is he telling his friend, possibly the future president in
private?  That's just scary as fuck, I'm sorry!

Vile anti-American hatred?  I take it you haven't been in a "black"
inner-city church service lately or are not familiar with them in the least?
Inflammatory thetoric in those kind of churches is prevalent, part of the
show.  However, while they may exagerrate for effect sometimes, the rhetoric
isn't always wrong.

Martin Luther King preached this in a sermon (about the Vietnam war) in
1967" : "Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as His
divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has
a way of standing before the nations with judgment and it seems that I can
hear God saying to America: 'You are too arrogant! If you don't change your
ways, I will rise up and break the backbone of your power."