[ExI] Feel Safer Now?

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Mon Mar 17 02:02:22 UTC 2008

Spike:
>Gary I am disappointed in the vast majority of peaceful believers who do
>little or nothing to help catch the violent small percentage within their
>ranks.

First: I think you were referring to Islam, but don't you think that you
could ask the question of the other major religions? You are living
inside one of the most religious countries on the planet and the
fundamentalists christians are not always peaceful.

Second:  *How do you know* that "the vast majority of peaceful believers
did little or nothing to help catch the violent small percentage within
their ranks'?  Have you spent time in those countries and seen that to
be true? Spent some time with Moslems in their environments?  How much
do you trust your information sources?

I know that I don't trust most US news media for information like that;
too many times I found them to be heavily slanted or else wrong when
they wrote about Islamic cultures (or any other cultures, for that
matter). I don't trust some of the other western countries' media
either. Unless I can see with my own eyes the proof for such a statement
as what you write above,  I can't support it.

Amara