[ExI] Armchair Evolutionary Psychology: Larks vs Night Owls

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 04:28:35 UTC 2008

On 17/03/2008, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> At 02:19 PM 3/17/2008 +1030, Emlyn wrote:
>
> >my guess is it's
> >mostly early risers, few late risers, pure guess)
>
> My guess is that there'd be a fantastically large proportion of INTJs
> among the night owls. My wife and me, for starters. But then we don't
> have screaming kids, and Barbara's managed to organize her own
> business in such a way that her deplorably late nights don't kill
> her; a lark staff helps a lot, and her capacity to thrive on about
> two or three hours less sleep a day than I can.
>
> Damien Broderick

The studies I linked originally said that the late risers were more
likely to be creative types, versus linear, logical types for early
rising. Is it possibly that this is the myers-briggs N/S dimension,
S=>early, N=>late?

(FWIW, my family are all night owls, all Ns (me: ENTP, my wife: INFP,
my daughter: INTP, my son: ENTJ). Whereas Granny, who I think is ESTJ,
is an early riser.

--
Emlyn

http://emlynoregan.com