[ExI] money & harlotry

Tom Nowell nebathenemi at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 19:38:54 UTC 2008

Olga wrote:
>Don't forget that even these days ... there are still
>far too many women who
>>marry for money (whether they like to acknowledge
this to themselves or
>not).  Don't get me started on this subject :).

>Harlotry has *nothing* on many bona-fide wifeys.

And today, Paul McCartney's divorce sets a new UK
record. (A great many jokes have been made at both
Paul & Heather's expense, most of them in very bad
taste).

Harlotry of the famous? British model Sophie Anderton
(who was a top lingerie model and the "face" of
several big advertising campaigns) got addicted to
cocaine, and sold herself for £10,000 (or $20,000 in
today's money) to wealthy Arabs to pay the habit.

As for Eliot Spitzer paying a couple of grand for sex
with someone of only moderately above average
attractiveness - he's not paying for kinky services or
beauty. He's paying for discretion. He paid over the
odds for a service where they'd never leak a client's
name, no matter how famous, and never try to blackmail
a client, no matter how wealthy. This prostitution
ring only gave over its client details when the police
raided them. Likewise, Heidi Fleiss's Hollywood client
list was completely secret until the LADP arrested
her. When you cannot afford public scandal but need
your fix of sexual services for cash, you need people
who are that discreet and you need to make it worth
their while.

Tom