[ExI] Race Biology (was Larks vs Night Owls)

kuromaku at hush.com kuromaku at hush.com
Wed Mar 19 08:32:33 UTC 2008

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 05:05:23 +0200 The Avantguardian
<avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>--- Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com> wrote:
>
>> What characteristics are you referring to?  Race and therefore
>> "racial
>> characteristics" are a scientific fallacy, as surely you
>realize.
>
>Racial characteristics are simply those highly visible ones that
>despite being very small subset of a person's overall genetic
>makeup,
>are used to lump them together and judge them in less than
>sensible
>ways. I didn't say that race was a scientific fallacy, I said it
>was a
>biological one. Race is almost entirely cultural so it is more the
>purview of anthropologists, ethnographers, and other social
>scientists
>rather than of biologists. To a biologist, all M&Ms are chocolate
>on
>the inside no matter color what color they are on the outside.
>
>Genetically there is far more variability within the so-called
>races
>than between them. That is to say that if one were to define
>genetic
>relatedness as how similar someone is to you in terms of how they
>are
>"spelled" by a sequence of the As,Ts,Cs, and Gs instead of whether
>they
>are a member of your immediate family or not, then statistically,
>you
>should have relatives of another race that is more related to you
>genetically than any member of your race short of your identical
>twin.
>
>This is because unless your family has been inbreeding for several
>generations, the most genetic similarity you can have with a
>child,
>parent, or sibling is about 50%. But there likely is someone out
>there
>in Africa that is related to you on the order 75% or more at the
>genetic level.

I'd say that's a bit stupid way of looking at the thing.Why do you
downplay the race differences because it may be possible to find a
black man who is genetically close to you even though the
probability of finding a black person like that *must* be lower
than the probability of finding a white man who is genetically very
much like you as long as there are significant differences between
the group averages?

I understand that's what the establishment wants you to think
though for possibly shady reasons. Some related thoughts at my blog
at http://psychogenesis.thinkertothinker.com/?p=122 though I

--
Click here for free information on starting a business from your home.
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4dA5RzdwrJZT5WZdgCOwxJckcxwArVRymM4A3I5ZxFMPL4k2/