[ExI] safer now;

Gary Miller aiguy at comcast.net
Thu Mar 20 00:48:29 UTC 2008

First Spike said:

> Olga, I see Wright is in the headline news for the third day.  Future
> historians may see the Wright material coming into the public
> awareness as the beginning of the end of Obama's presidential hopes.

Then Olga Responded:

<< Not so fast, fella!  (Was this a great speech, or what?):

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/18/us/politics/18text-obama.html?_r=1&oref=sl
ogin

:) >>

I agree it was a good speech Olga.  And I think people feel sorry for him
because they wanted to like him but not many believe that he didn't know
that that was going on at a church he regularly attended.   This is all that
people are talking about on the news now and he is dropping dramatically in
the polls already.

Even his attack on McCain's Iraq blunder became suspect as newscasters
interpreted this as his attempt to take the focus off of Wright and the
racial issue.

I'm not sure how to predict the outcome now that he's ahead so many
delegates but if he wins the nomination.  I have talked to several middle
class democrats who have said they'll break the party lines and vote for
McCain.

The local liberal Pittsburgh NPR affiliate even went to restaurants around
Pittsburgh at breakfast and talked to patrons having their coffee and the
story was the same.  People are very suspicious now of what Obama's true
intentions and priorities would be if he was president.

I can't believe the last election whas handed to Bush by Ralph Nader and now
this one may handed to Hohn McCain by Obama.

I want to see a democratic poll now that asks democrats if Obama was elected
would they vote for McCain.

I think the democratic party had better look closely at this or we're in for
another four years of war and the bankruptcy of our country if enough
democrats jump and vote for McCain..