[ExI] Cryonics a theory or belief?

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Sat Mar 22 02:35:01 UTC 2008

Lee wrote:
"Absolutely. On the most charitable reading, Terry might be saying that
cryonics is the only preservation of human beings considered one-by-one
as they die, but like John, I doubt that this was all that Terry meant."
> Also, I don't think cryonics should be compared to religion or seen as
> competing with it.

Certainly not,  I agree totally. In this wise, cryonics is best
described as
a scientific hypothesis. No one I've ever heard says that cryonics is
salvation
because some angel told them so, or that it's got the backing of a
deity.
On the contrary.  You'll also never find a cryonicist---unlike the
religious
types---ever claiming to know that it will work  with 100% probability.

> A handful of scientists with rather limited funds have worked very
hard
> to get cryonics where it is now (and it still has a long ways to go).

___________

Hi, I would not demean cryonics as a cult but since you described
cryonics as a scientific hypothesis/theory where are the supporting
evidence/facts that can be tested to work as proposed by your theory?
The proposition it would work five hundred years from now is a mere
guess. Why wait that long if you cannot test it now?

Genetic engineering has been successful in many scientific experiments
why not cryonics? If you can show the success now, I imagine you would
get a lot of funding from all sources both private and public.

Terry

Terry