[ExI] "an aboriginal human from 70,000 B.C."

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sun Mar 23 18:40:19 UTC 2008

At 01:12 PM 3/23/2008 -0500, I wrote:

>Here is the recent important and moving speech on
>the topic by newly-elected Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd:

For the other side of the argument here's:

<http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/rudd_a_flake_or_a_fake_on_this_sorry/>

The string of comments is especially interesting. E.g.:

"What people on the other side of you rile about is that it seems
that people are claiming some sort of injustice, when really the
government, in all cases I've seen so far, did the right thing by
them. Saying sorry for saving someone from situations where they have
syphyllis at 5 and are packed raped at 7 is, in itself, an injustice
to those who saved such people."

Perhaps this would also be Lee's response to the speech. My
impression (I'm not a historian) is that the current behavioral sink,
especially in some remote areas, is in significant part the *result*
of smashing the traditional [far from perfect] social order, and
abducting and dispersing many thousands of small children away from
their parents.

Damien Broderick