[ExI] "an aboriginal human from 70,000 B.C."

PJ Manney pjmanney at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 03:38:26 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 3:25 PM, hkhenson <hkhenson at rogers.com> wrote:
> I don't think there are any such groups left.
> The big problem is to avoid it happening to us.

The key is empathy.  When I read about the stolen generations, all I
could think of was what it would be like to be the mother of a child,
or the child herself, literally ripped from their mother's arms by
armed men, never to see their family again.  I can guarantee that
those who implemented the policy couldn't have imagined nor cared less
what the Aborigines were thinking or feeling, because they were not
regarded as fully human and therefore not capable of the same thoughts
and feelings.  The few in power who did empathize at the time were the
few who protested the policy.

Humans need empathy.  AIs need empathy.

PJ