[ExI] "an aboriginal human from 70,000 B.C."

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Mar 25 02:04:39 UTC 2008

On Behalf Of BillK
> to uplift the children at least, to give them the opportunity
> to join posthuman society?
>
> I expect the people in this list will be clamouring at the
> door 'Me first!  Me first!', but less knowledgeable people
> might be very reluctant to leave their old ways behind. We
> can say now that they have their right to choose and should
> be left alone, and other PC platitudes, but think about it... BillK

BillK, this observation brings up a number of interesting questions about
the stolen aboriginal children.  Were there a few eager volunteers in the
bunch?  Perhaps there were hungry young parents who looked at what the
Europeans had, then compared to what they themselves had, then sadly
realized their baby would have a better life with the others.  Were there
borderline cases, where they were unsure but wanted to step out?  Were there
hip aboriginal teenagers Me firsting to get into European Australian world?
Were there aboriginal geeks, low ranking and mistreated regularly by their
peers, who longed to go outside that system and try their luck elsewhere?
Child gang-rape victims that had an anywhere-but-here attitude?  Homesick
returners to the old ways after a short time with the others?  Reluctant
in-betweens who found themselves lost in both worlds?  Opportunistic
in-betweens who were at home in both worlds?  Business minded ones who set
up businesses buying low cost manufactured goods from their aboriginal
family, and sold them for holy profits to their European family?

I can imagine all of these.

Damien might have some insights on this.