[ExI] Wittgenstein's Other, More Important Work

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Thu Mar 27 08:13:43 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 11:24 PM, Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com> wrote:
> Ludwig wrote

>  > to write, then, was this: My work consists of two parts: the
>  > one presented here plus all that I have not written. And
>  > *it is precisely this second part that is the important one*.
>  > My book draws limits to the sphere of the ethical from the
>  > inside, as it were, and I am convinced that this is the
>  > ONLY rigorous way of drawing those limits.

Lee, you might similarly appreciate Buckminster Fuller's "Unity is
plural and at minimum two."

<http://www.rwgrayprojects.com/CSynergetics/DisplayCmnt.jsp?sn=1013_15>

Not to mention the semiotics of Peirce, the Oneness of Taoism, the
ineluctable role of the observer in any model of reality, the inherent
subjectivity of (Bayesian) probability, or my frequent emphasis of the
importance of context...

- Jef