[ExI] the really important urgent issues

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 00:22:23 UTC 2008

On Sunday 30 March 2008, ablainey at aol.com wrote:
> I had some thoughts a while back about creating an up to date
> version of the scouts, that does all the usual wholesome activities
> etc, with up to date things like car maintenance, Computers and also
> continues into ... adulthood

The folks in the educational establishments are definitely not keeping
up to date. It would be great if more professionals took to active
community groups, like some sort of college, maybe they should call it
community college. Oh, right, they have stringent acceptance rules.
Guess it's time for an even better community-oriented college model?
OpenCourseWare is a good start, maybe if we offered free server space
to various communities and say "it's all free, you just need to run the
public notices," things might change a bit?

- Bryan