[ExI] Under the libertarian yoke was Re: Next Decade May See No Warming

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Sat May 3 17:06:56 UTC 2008

Rafal -

I'm so far into overload with projects here at this moment that the
best I can do is tell you that I think this topic is both important
and subtle and I intend to respond carefully and thoroughly when I
can.  I get that you think I imagine some kind of "emergent"
distinction that actually adds no value in any practical terms.  I
think I get your point of view because I used to be there, and then
discovered a model encompassing it with greater coherence. [Apologies
for the appearance of unsubstantiated arrogance.]  I think there is
real value to the concept of Superrationality and Hofstadter didn't do
it justice and Axelrod and others are too firmly entrenched in an
earlier paradigm.  This topic continues to pop up in the scholarly
journals as variations on a paradox, a sure sign of insufficient
context. ["Oh, there he goes again, with his crackpot "Importance of
Context" tape loop".  At least he didn't use "increasing" even once --
oops.]

Best regards, and  apologies for being presently too overcommited and
under resourced to respond properly.

- Jef