[ExI] flds raid, was general repudiation...

Kevin Freels kevinfreels at insightbb.com
Tue May 6 01:41:05 UTC 2008

I think these questions were posed for Lee but I wanted to share my
answers since I share Lee's thoughts on this....
>   If I had stated my emotional response properly then you wouldn't have needed to apology.
> Anyway, after thinking about it I discovered what caused such an emotional reaction to certain posts.  I have some questions:
>
> 1) Psychologically to you believe that these girls are ready to have children at 13-14 years old?

I don't think that's the argument. The psychological preparedness
necessary to raise children is dictated by the society in which they
live. In OUR society, the answer is "no". But if you threw a hundred
people of various ages together on an island without our technology and
infrastructure, I would place my bets on the younger mothers. Our
society virtually demands that women grow to a specific age, develop a
career, and gain their own independence before they become mothers. They
also need to be able to raise their children to deal with the
complexities of our culture. In a small isolated society, none of this
is a benefit. All that matters is the ability to nurture and love the
child and pass on the simple teachings they have learned themselves.
> 2) Have you ever been surrounded by 13-14 year old girls on a regular basis (Of course I mean regarding teaching, non-profit work, etc..)?

My daughters are 13 and 12. And before you ask, I would not have a man
of ANY age bedding them and making them pregnant. This is because my
kids need to be able to succeed in this world we know and the one that
is coming. But I have to admit, there is a certain appeal to the idea
that they could grow up in a world where all they have to worry about is
raising children. This of course goes into an entirely different debate
- "Is ignorance bliss?". I happen to think that being aware of reality
is preferable to being ignorant - regardless of how ugly life really is.
That's why I don't filter my kids internet connection. (I do monitor).
In a way, these parents who raise their girls like this are only doing
what most of us do already but take it to an extreme. How many parents
REALLY want their kids exposed to the REAL world at 13?
> 3) I have some knowledge of Canadian and American mentality when it comes to teen girl adolescence and I do agree that there is a fine line between child and young woman.  What I have a problem with is the manipulation that allows these older men to take advantage of the situation.  What if a young girl growing up in that environment doesn't want to?  The programming is there yet they just don't want to.  Do you think they can just up and leave?  It is the same circumstance as a 13 year old boy that has to grow up with an alcoholic parent  What if removed from that environment what makes you so sure that the child wouldn't flourish?

This was already addressed. We all agree that those who did not wish to
be there should be allowed to leave and anyone preventing this could and
should be held accountable. But no one ever asked. Instead, they
forcefully removed ALL of the children even when there were no signs of
abuse, neglect, etc.
> 4) I know many women in there 30's that are currently having children.  Shouldn't a girl have a choice when she chooses to want to pro-create?
Yes. Exactly the point.
>  The option should be there.  By installing these pre-conceived notions how does this better society?
Everything we teach kids is a "pre-conceived notion". We teach that they
should get educated, get good jobs, make lots of money, buy lots of
stuff, raise kids, buy more stuff, and die. If you really want to fight
poorly conceived preconceived notions, take up the fight against those
who think that death should be accepted as part of life.
>  What can a 13-14 year old girl teach a child?  Doesn't this just lead to children having children?

As I said earlier - it doesn't matter in a small isolated society.
> 5) I've known many women in there 20's and 30's that have reported just knowing when they where ready to have children (as well as hearing about the sexual peek of the 30's..lol). I have never heard a 13-14 year old tell me she was ready to be a mother.  Don't you think there is some kind of logic behind that?

No. This is because of the preconceived notions that we give kids that
they should go to school, get educated, and everything else before
having kids.

As far as humanity is concerned, it is better if we all get educated and
find a way to the singularity. I am not saying that we are wrong to
teach our children that. But in many ways, these people may very well be
happier than we ever could be. None of us would ever condone going into
a tribe of aboriginal people and forcing them to live by our rules -
regardless of the age of the girls who have the children.

For some reason people think the worst thing that could happen to a girl
is to be taught that it is OK to have children young and live in an
isolated society without having the opportunity to become rich. I
disagree. I think that it is worse to rip a 13 year old girl from her
family and everything she knows and drop her into a foster home with
possibly abusive foster parents and a 25%-65% chance of becoming jailed
or homeless and subjecting her to the nastiness that exists in the
public school system which if you know as much about teen girls as you
say, you know very well is extremely rough.

With all that said, does anyone want to place bets on the number of
suicides that result from this action?
I didn't think so.