[ExI] flds raid, was general repudiation...

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed May 7 05:28:09 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 12:33 AM, John Grigg <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  There is a real disconnect in the Libertarian thinking of you and Lee.
>   But honest self-appraisal (as in "looking into your own soul") has
>  been replaced with intellectual slight of hand and side stepping.

### Bill accused me of being intelligent and now you are accusing me
of intellectual sleight of hand and substituting technical expertise
in rhetoric for honesty. So far you have been a worthy participant in
a discussion, where we exchanged some opinions - but it looks like all
the pertinent ideas have been presented, so let's finish here, before
we get into a repetitive and unnecessarily dissonant mode of
discourse.

Let me just add that this particular issue is one where I did a lot of
honest self-appraisal and as a result I changed my mind very
significantly. There was a time when I read a comment about Waco by a
reader published in the National Geographic, something like "They took
themselves out the gene pool", and I thought "Wow, this dude hit the
nail on the head!"

Needless to say, I am now deeply ashamed about these thoughts. I am
really ashamed and sorry.

So, please, don't say I didn't look into my soul ... even though,
strictly speaking, I have none.

Rafal