[ExI] Facebook - poking, prodding and graffiti

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Sat May 10 14:04:43 UTC 2008

Today I was reading my messages from facebook.  Two people
congratulated me on a one year old son, which I do not have, and I
have been superpoked so many times I hurt, not to mention writings on
my wall that I will never read.  I thought I had turned off the okay
for anyone to so poke me and write on my wall, but there you have it ...

Max send me this link from a friend of ours.  I am sharing it because
it is appropriate to my situation and may be to yours as well.

>A nice take on Facebook:
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrlSkU0TFLs

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha<http://www.natasha.cc/> Vita-More
PhD Candidate,  Planetary Collegium - CAiiA, situated in the Faculty
of Technology,
School of Computing, Communications and Electronics,
University of Plymouth, UK
<http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture
<http://extropy.org/>Thinking About the <http://extropy.org/>Future

If you draw a circle in the sand and study only what's inside the
circle, then that is a closed-system perspective. If you study what
is inside the circle and everything outside the circle, then that is
an open system perspective. - Buckminster Fuller