[ExI] [wta-talk] Transhumanism in wikipedia - A Call for Max

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Sun May 11 14:40:46 UTC 2008

alyosha alyosha at bostoncoop.net :
>* The article isn't that bad.

"It's not that bad."

I sincerely hope that that is not a perspective that very many people
are embracing. It's a resigning, compromising, dispassionate, passive,
languid, submissive, phlegmatic, lethargic and meek perspective on one's
life philosophy, and one that has no resemblance to how the transhumans
and extropians approach their lives and their goals.

The article _should_ accurately reflect the perspective of the
philosophy of the people that it's describing. An "It's not that bad
article" doesn't fit them, and it doesn't work as an educational device
in the world's foremost encyclopedia either. An "it's not that bad"
article is one that I would never use to introduce a newcomer to a
complex topic. Such an action would demonstrate that I didn't care very
much, both for that newcomer and for myself.

Amara

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Research Scientist, Southwest Research Institute (SwRI), Boulder, Colorado