[ExI] English-speaking Google News and Myanmar (Burma)

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Sat May 17 00:27:49 UTC 2008

On Friday 16 May 2008, Amara Graps wrote:
> The point is that this horrific tragedy is barely in the 'normal'
> English-speaking media (well.. business as usual). At least the
> Google folks are giving it some weight at their news page.

Further point: Google is a massive organizing force on the internet,
considering that the site is the most visited on the planet. What
Google *should* be doing is throwing up a Google Groups discussion link
to groups of people organizing support right now; but this is an
interesting start. We can't see what the results are, but they can
(link clickage analysis).

- Bryan