[ExI] Immortality via Begetting Offspring

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Sun May 18 05:57:09 UTC 2008

Robert Bradbury alludes to the contention that

> most writers have not envisioned a culture where
> we live thousands of years and have no need to
> have children to achieve "immortality".

Anyone who thinks he or she will achieve immortality
by having children is an idiot.

I can tell you from my own extensive acquaintance with
my father that his current condition (he's dead) is not
at all ameliorated by the existence of my brother or me.

What an extreme example of desperately wishing that
something were true!

As anyone who has had a parent die will tell you,
his or her parent really is dead.

Lee

P.S.  Spike wrote

       >  Well Robert Bradbury!  How the heck