[ExI] the big question

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sun May 18 15:56:53 UTC 2008

David McFadzean wrote:
This experiment is currently being performed in Second Life where
everyone has a very high degree of control over how they appear to
others. What I have observed so far is that when beauty is very common
many residents incorporate (literally) fantastic elements in order to
differentiate themselves in the ongoing quest for attention and
recognition. It is becoming a Red Queen's race that is continually
pushing the technology and creativity of the world.

As the technology to morph the basic human form gets to be inexpensive, very
safe and quick to utilize, I can imagine the body being viewed as
clothes/costumes are today, but only more so.  I can't wait for Halloween, a
century from now!  : )  Yes, just being very physically attractive, circa
2008, will probably be seen as a sign of having little personal creativity
and being just plain dull.  And that just won't do when that very special
person you're crazy about is so effervescently gifted in the way they shape
their form, and you want to catch their eye...

A state of the art nightclub, circa 2100, set in the Transhuman Space
universe:

http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=SJG37-1141

http://e23.sjgames.com/media/SJG37-1141_preview.pdf

John Grigg