[ExI] Christianity: where to now?

M1N3R m1n3r2 at hotmail.com
Sun May 18 16:57:34 UTC 2008

From: "Bryan Bishop" <kanzure at gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2008 12:49 AM

> Suppose the singularity occurs; what then?

Now what came to my mind instantly was a most dangerous scenario: making a
church out of transhumanism. Building a vast system of humbug around
technology. Hm, have you played Syndicate Wars? There the Church of the New
Epoch does something like that. Not as if Eurocorp were any better.
Ownership of technology might entitle the few to oppress the many, once
again in human history. Not an alternative to have when we so value
democracy (and would like to bring about a better humanity).

> Especially since most institutions are supposed to last forever (the
> U.S. Experiment didn't have a due date).

Eh, what are you referring to here? Sorry, I don't understand.