[ExI] Space Based Solar Power vs. Nuclear Fission

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon May 19 10:11:08 UTC 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 10:53 PM, hkhenson <hkhenson at rogers.com> wrote:
> It may not be.  If we could build a space elevator, the energy
> payback time is incredibly short--at least for the energy needed to
> lift a power sat to GEO.

Speaken of unproven, or rather non-existing, technologies... :-)

Having said that, needless to say I am absolutely in favour of
investigating and implementing both satellite- or moon-based solar
energy and researching the fundamentals that might lead to a space
elevator.

Speaking of lowest hanging fruits, I do not see such things as very
rapid-deployment solutions, however. Please note however that I am
much better informed of the state-of-the art of nuclear fusion.

Stefano Vaj