[ExI] Libertarian Ocean Colonies

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Tue May 20 04:50:15 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 5:58 PM, Jef Allbright <jef at jefallbright.net> wrote:
> A recurrent theme on the extropy list, recent developments benefit
> from some serious financial and intellectual backing.
>
> I personally tend to prefer techno-nomadism, but would like to be a
> welcome guest and contributor to such projects.  My interest is not so
> much on the level of building ocean-based dominions, but on the level
> of maximizing the growth of a variety of modes of self-expression.
>
> <http://www.wired.com/print/science/planetearth/news/2008/05/seasteading>
>
> - Jef

Though I am not a libertarian, I think this is a very important
project that should be supported.

I believe one of the main problems of our 21st century world is that
old, entrenched power structures in nation states are fighting to
retain power against all new citizen driven communities. Projects like
this are steps in the right direction.