[ExI] Christianity: where to now?.

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue May 20 09:50:23 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 9:30 AM, Stefano Vaj wrote:
> In fact, monotheism is more about the denial of differences than about
> the number of gods. Gender differences included, so that women
> ultimately can only be a kind of diminished man in that perspective.

Where did that come from?

'Thou shalt have no other gods before me' Exodus 20:3 (Deuteronomy
5:7, Judges 6:10, Hosea 13:4) is pretty clear.
For thou shalt worship no other god: for YHWH, whose name is Jealous,
is a jealous God: Exodus 34:14-16 (Deuteronomy 6:14,15)

The Old Testament also *emphasized* gender differences with all the
different laws relating to men and women.

You must be putting a very modern interpretation on the Old Testament.
It certainly wasn't what they meant when it was written thousands of years ago.

BillK