[ExI] Lack of interest

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue May 20 16:03:57 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Stefano Vaj wrote:
> For earth-based solar, on the contrary, I wonder how many square
> meters would we be talking of in a 50 years-time, taking also into
> account the energy necessary for manufacturing, deployment,
> maintenance and safe disposal of the solar units.

You are assuming no change in solar cell technology in 50 years.
That's not realistic.

They won't be manufacturing solar panels for much longer.
What's coming is a spray on plastic coating containing solar sells.
You will be able to paint your roof and walls with solar cells.
Probably windows as well, if it is made transparent.

Google on something like 'spray on solar cells'.

BillK