[ExI] Extropian Principles 3.0

M1N3R m1n3r2 at hotmail.com
Tue May 20 16:25:07 UTC 2008

1. practical optimism: nicely put. Ok as it is. My personal experience is:
faith in yourself and faith in what you do does the job. I believe that if I
do everything right and behave well, it'll reward itself later on. Like hard
work brings luck. That is faith, right? No, I'm not religious. I believe we
have 6,5 billion gods...

2. self-transformation: besides scientific methods, I'd add Eastern
philosophy and martial arts. I do Karate and I must say if you have a good
Master you can really evolve. Physical work to evolve the mind. Strange,
isn't it? But I can feel the potential of it. And of the thinking that comes
with it. It is a harmony between brain and body that results.

3. self-direction: the first probably useful comment here. Self-direction is
a really effective method, I've been practicing it without ever knowing what
I did (Easterners again). However, it is only effective if one has the
proper cognitive abilities. If one is, to put it like that, intelligent
enough to grasp the essence. So, intelligence enhancement, no matter how it
is done, is a priority if we wish to have a well-working liberal democracy.
Aggression to suppress those unwilling to accept the ideals of others is
really no good. Violence will give birth to even more violence. But in a
world where each citizen understands what they can do and what they cannot
only due to their intelligence would be quite right, would it not? Main
reason why I put up collective consciousness (which also requires
intelligence augmentation). With that, violence could be completely avoided.

Thomas