[ExI] English-speaking Google News and Myanmar (Burma)

M1N3R m1n3r2 at hotmail.com
Tue May 20 17:00:57 UTC 2008

From: "John Grigg" <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 4:43 PM

> This question greatly concerns me.  China, whether the U.S. likes it
> or not, is going to become a superpower to be reckoned with.  A huge
> challenge to the U.S. is how to handle this matter wisely.  On the one
> hand, we could have a massive arms race/cold war, which could waste
> untold billions/trillions of dollars and lead to a horrific war, or we
> could at least try to peacefully engage the Chinese government and
> people, of course all the while maintaining a sufficiently strong
> military.  And I think for the latter course we need strong military
> alliances with Europe, Russia and India, so we don't go it alone.

Just why I put up the topic. I was into building a 'training space probe' at
school, so to say (Hunveyor project if that rings a bell to anyone) and was
told lots of things from highly educated people (after they made their visit
to the Lunar Planetary Science Conference). I'd say after hearing the plan
of the U.S. to go to the Moon and set up a base some things immediately
clicked to place. I'm not an economist but my parents work as entrepreneurs,
well, sort-of. So I always get little pieces of information and sometimes I
read the stuff available. Conclusion is: world economy is pretty unstable.
There is an overproduction. The European Union tries to sell the 'crap' to
less advanced countries like us but someday it will have to end. Such a
problem would surely lead to war. But there is something else: China will
also send their probe to the Moon. The ESA does theoretical jobs as well.
Result? Yeah, Space Race. Or I hope it will be a colonization race. This is
sort-of sci-fi today but the idea is, to a certain extent comforting.

The world is rather bipolar and becoming ever more so. The, say, Western
block includes USA, Canada and the European Union (though that Union is
still pretty much in the state of infancy) and several others. The Eastern
block is mostly China now but I'm sure the Russians would just as soon join
their cause if need be. And the Arabs, well, I wouldn't consider them
Westerners. Now it is spheres of influence I'm talking about. My questions
are: what do you know about the Moon base? Does it have anything to do with
'Moon Base Alpha'?

I think I should propose starting a new thread about the matter (Moon, US,
immediate future etc.). If you agree, please do so. Thanks

M1N3R