[ExI] English-speaking Google News and Myanmar (Burma)

Kevin Freels kevinfreels at insightbb.com
Tue May 20 17:07:51 UTC 2008

John Grigg Said:
>   I hope the China's rising generation will be
> more open to Western values and principles of civil liberty and not
> see us as the "enemy."

I don't think this will be the big problem everyone is worried about.
The very thing that is turning China into a superpower is it's gradual
opening to western ideas and influence. By the time China becomes the
enormous powerhouse that it could be, it's leadership will be a slave to
it's economy and to the buying power of the rest of the world just like
the US. We can't even effectively tackle a small backwards country
unless there is a significant threat to our ability to buy fast-food at
the drive thru.

Kevin Freels